Easter is only a couple of weeks away. Do you run week long intensive or crash courses over the school holidays?
Do you know how to create that in CoursePro in 4 easy steps?
- Step 1 – Create a new Fixed End Date Course
- Step 2 – Add the new course to existing Levels
- Step 3 – Create the classes
- Step 4 – Add/Edit a Payment Plan
Step 1 – Create a new Fixed End Date Course
If you are not sure about how, go to Add A Fixed End Date Course.
Important Settings to Note:
- Number of Sessions Left When Space Can Be Booked By Others – I’ve chosen 5 in my example as it is a 5 day course and I would like members to be able to book on to the next week’s classes without spaces being held for the first week’s members
- Enable Pro-Rata – I have ticked this is in the Assessment Section as I want to allow members to book on mid-week if there is space available
- Allow Partial Bookings & Allow One Off Bookings – I have ticked these as I want to have the option of allowing a member to just book one or two days of the course
Step 2 – Add the new course to existing Levels
- Go to Settings/Courses and choose Levels on the right
- Click Edit on the Levels that you wish to apply to the Holiday Courses
- Scroll down to the Courses Section
- Move your new course from the left box to the right one labelled “Is In”. In my example I have moved Holiday Courses
- Scroll up and click Save
- Your course should now be showing in the list of Levels beside the relevant Level. Holiday Courses is displaying in Stage 1
Step 3 – Create the classes
If you are not sure about how, go to Add a Holiday Class
Important Settings to Note:
- Choose the Holiday Course
- Choose the levels that this class will assess
- Enter the dates, class size and select Daily in the Repeat dropdown. Then enter the time.
- In the above example, my class is running from the 21st to 25th March, daily for up to 6 members at 9am for 30 mins
- Scroll up and click save
- Go to the Overview screen, select your holiday course, go to the date of your course and you should see the class on the 5 days, like so
Step 4 – Add/Edit a Payment Plan
So now I want to book members (and hopefully lots of them) on to my holiday course. First, I need to check what prices appear if I try to book someone in. This will help me to see if any changes are necessary.
If these classes cost the same as your current classes just make sure that the relevant payment plan option applies to your course:
- Go to Settings/Members and choose Payment Plans on the right
- Scroll to the Regions, Centres, Courses, Levels section and see where this option is available
- If the Everywhere box is ticked then it should be fine
- If not, you can add your holiday course by clicking Add Course
If your holiday courses are a different price from your standard classes, the easiest way is to create a new payment plan. For information on how to do that, click Adding a Payment Plan.
I would also like for my members to be able to book 1, 2, 3 or 4 days during the week if they can’t attend the whole week. In order to do that I have to add a 1, 2, 3 and a 4 to the Sessions section
(Note, there is no 5 above because CoursePro checks how many sessions are in a term, in this case 5, and calculates how many sessions are required for the total course)
So when I come to booking them on, I can choose which day of the week a member begins the course and how many days they will do it for.
- For example, below, I have selected the Monday and the 3 sessions option. This member will attend the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- In this example the member will begin on Wednesday and attend for 2 session, i.e. Wednesday and Thursday.
You should now be ready to go with your holiday classes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.